Do You Have Growling Tummies At Your House?

If you're like me, the words, "Mom, I'm hungry!" are heard frequently at your house! Life is busy, and I would love to run to the pantry, grab a bag of chips and let the munchkins munch away! But, pre-packaged convenience foods aren't so healthy (they're sometimes even detrimental to health and waistlines), and they definately aren't cheap! So, I put on my thinking cap, did a little research, and found there are some easy ways to feed your family a healthy diet and long the way discovered some quick, healthy recipes to satisfy hungry appetites! Feeding Growling Tummies was created to share those ideas with you! So, step into my kitchen and learn along with me some great ideas for silencing the gastric growls at your house!

Friday, November 21, 2008

New Ice Cream Flavor, Want a Bite?



Now, I know it's not the most healthy food in the world, but ice cream is one of my favorite desserts...it's my weakness! I enjoy ice cream any time of the year, be it sortching hot or freezing cold outside! Are you the type that likes to eat the same flavor every time, or do you like variety? I think one of the joys in life is trying out new flavors--the same old thing is boring to me! I was grocery shopping the other day and happened somehow find myself in the ice cream aisle perusing the latest flavors to hit the shelves. One in particular caught my eye, its limited edition flavor commemorates the holiday season that is almost here: Haagan-Daz Peppermint Bark Ice Cream. This cool and refreshing flavor has white chocolate ice cream with peppermint bark and peppermint candy pieces. Mmm...the peppermint candy pieces crunched like eating candy canes! With the chocolate peppermint bark pieces mixed in,the flavor combination was wonderful! My only complaint, as with most ice creams with mix-ins is that it didn't have enough chocolate and mint pieces! The white chocolate ice cream by itself doesn't hold its own, but all together, the flavors are delicious!

Have I given you a craving? Just talking about it makes me want to get another expensive pint...but then again, it's a tough call when there are so many other new flavors to be discovered!


Copyright 2008 Feeding Growling Tummies

No comments: